The pantry is practically empty
Bank account is in RED
School fees are due for payment
Her shoes are too small, whao!! She needs a new pair
Awww…. Rent must be paid next month
Employee Salaries are due
The list is endless…
The Bible encourages us in Matthew 6: 25-34
- 25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
- 26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
- 27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
- 28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
- 29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
- 30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
- 31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
- 32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
- 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
- 34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
And Philippians 4:6-7 says:”
- 6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
- 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
How many of us hold on to these Scriptures?
A saying goes thus “Worry is like a rocking chair: it gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere”.
So why do we engage in this “Unprofitable Venture’. God does not want us to worry about anything, instead, pray about everything!!
We all need “A War Room”, “A War Corner”, “A War Couch”, “A War Chair”, “A War Anything” so far it is a place we make our request known to God, a place we can pray asking God ANYTHING and EVERYTHING.
IT IS TIME TO STOP WORRYING AS IT DOES NO GOOD, IT IS TIME FOR WAR!!!
By Ayodeji Lawrence